The Sequel to The Children of Zol

Courteous Reader. This is a story about a man and a cast of strange characters who find themselves caught in an adventure mystery.

For reference, the hero of the story is the alleged author of The Children of Zol which is a Novella about a culture of people who have become addicted to their electronic devices. The Children of Zol can be accessed by following the link on the right or by clicking here.

Many thanks for reading!



Sunday 2 January 2011

Chapter Twenty Four. "I Need You In Me"




"I Need You In Me"

"Are you ok?," Derby asked Jeninqua, not quite knowing what else to say under the circumstances.

Jeninqua's legs and arms were wrapped around Derby and his arms were around her. Derby's legs were in the saddle position around the dragon and the pair were slightly at a tilt to compensate for the speed of the flight.

"I'm fine darling," said Jeninqua sweetly. "How about you? Are you alright?," she asked.

Derby was speaking in a loud whisper because of the wind pressure, but his mouth was just inches from her ear. "Yes," he assured her, "I'm very fine thank you. Do you like my dragon? I mean...is it alright for you?"

"Oh Derby. Yes, I love your dragon. But please be gentle with that thing!," cautioned Jeninqua. "I hope you're wearing protection..."

The idea absolutely dumbfounded the Derb Meister. "My heavens whatever do you mean?," he asked.

"Against the wind in your face," she explained, and then continued. "I can't see a thing except for what is behind us. You know it is strange not seeing a tail on this thing. This beast!," she finished.

"You're telling me," assured Derby. "I hope you two have some more magic up your sleeve or I'm going to need a size reduction operation!"

"Haha," laughed Jeninqua, and then very quietly she whispered in his ear. "Derby, what do you remember about leaving the cell?"

"Ah, thank you," said Derby, as if he was relieved to have this conversation. "Well," he started, "I remember the thud of your head and laser beams shooting out of your eyes. Totally freaked me. Then I remember this swirling energy encircling us. It was a loud wind tunnel."

He stopped to maneuver the dragon because they had flown past some foot hills and were climbing above some mountain peaks. "Jeez, would you look at that?!," said Derby looking down at a mountain pass and a lake below. Never thought my...well, er, what I had before I had a dragon...never thought it would bring me to such heights. Is it ok for you?"

"Yes my dear," said Jeninqua and she slid her hands down his back and grasped his buttocks and pulled him closer. "Now finish telling me what you remember lover..."

"Oh Jeninqua. Be careful. You're going to make this thing point straight up again. Remember what goes up must come down!," said Derby, mistakenly thinking he was being clever.

"Yes Derbs," she stroked him. "Now tell me about the cell. What else do you remember?"

"Well I think it swallowed me. I got small or something. I sort of remember going into your neck," said Derby softly into her ear, while he squinted to himself, trying to make sense of what he was saying.

"So you came in me?," she asked coyly. "Came inside me? Rode the wind tunnel into me?"

"Why yes," affirmed Derby, surprised. "Why yes, I think I did. Did I?"

"Guess what Derby Head?," played Jeninqua with her puppet boy.

"What?," he asked, nervous about what new surprise she was going to lay on him.

"You're still in me. I needed you in me," she whispered with baited breath.

"No!," promised Derby. "I'm not. I mean I couldn't have! I mean...there's barely room for you in there. You're so tiny!"

"Don't worry big boy," teased Jeninqua. "You're not that big. Besides, it isn't what you think!"

"So enlighten me," said the captain of Dragon Flight #1. "How did you get us out of that Hell hole?"

"Well, don't freak on me. But we're sort of still there!," exclaimed Jeninqua in a louder whisper.

Derby had to focus. They had climbed very high and were soaring along the mountain ridge. He decided to come about and he pulled the neck of his mighty dragon appendage back hard to make a "U" turn. Jeninqua and Derby were smoothly sailing on his cylindrical sleigh, riding the night air like some strange streaking beast. If you would have looked up at them you wouldn't quite know what to make of it!

"What on Earth do you mean we're still there?," asked a bewildered dragon master. "We're shooting across a mountain top in some alternative universe! How the hell could we still be back in the dungeon of the ghouls?"

"Well, remember when I fell into a white marble back in the hotel and Fredalnte punched a black marble out of you?," asked Jeninqua.

"Yessssss," said Derby cautiously, not sure he was interested in the moral of the story.

"Well, we're still in the white marble, which is me. And you're in there too. We're both in there," she whispered to him.

Derby kicked the red dragon in the sides, and when he did so he flinched because he learned it was akin to having a dragon get caught in a zipper. "Get up," he said, as if he was sitting atop the Lone Ranger's Silver.

Jeninqua laid her head on Derby's shoulder and he pointed his rocket ship toward Umpa's Lair.

No comments:

Post a Comment